Our vision is of confident, cohesive and sustainable communities, where people feel positive, proud, welcomed, safe and fulfilled.
REGENERATE PURPOSE / MISSION
To work with communities, and using asset-based community development practice to promote active citizenship, empowerment, social and economic regeneration and improved social cohesion, leading to a better future for everyone.
As a community development organisation, we work to the values set out in the National Occupational Standards for Community Development.
SOCIAL JUSTICE AND EQUALITY
Work for a more just and equal society which recognises environmental, political, cultural and economic issues by;
- Celebrating the strengths, skills and assets in communities
- Acknowledging and challenging inequalities, injustice and imbalances of power
- Promoting human and civil rights and responsibilities
Respect and promote diversity whilst rejecting and challenging oppression, discrimination and sectarianism.
- Recognise that discrimination works at individual, community, organisational & institutional and societal levels
- Explore and challenge all forms of discrimination
- Develop anti-oppressive policies and practices which actively support and value diversity
Enable communities to develop confidence, skills and relationships to shape collective action and challenge imbalances of power.
- Enable communities to recognise and build on their existing skills, knowledge and expertise
- Promote the rights of communities to define themselves, their priorities and agendas for action
- Provide the space for communities to develop critical, creative, independent and active decision making and participation
Promote the active participation of people within communities, using the power of a collective voice and goal.
- Recognise the wealth of creative and positive resources within individuals and communities
- Promote and support diverse communities to agree and take action on their common concerns and interests
- Use the power of the collective voice to plan and take collective action while respecting the rights of others
WORKING & LEARNING TOGETHER
Create and encourage opportunities for collective learning through action and shared reflection.
- Learn from shared experiences of working in collaboration
- Understand experiences in the context of wider social, political and economic forces
- Encourage critical reflection on own practice, values and beliefs.
CROSS CUTTING THEME
- Supporting the development of personal and community resilience
THREE KEY OUTCOMES
Our new 3 year Strategy has 3 key outcomes around which all our work is focussed.
- Facilitate meaningful engagement with and participation by all sections of the community in community life.
- Strengthen working relationships between communities, 3rd sector groups and organisations and statutory agencies
- Increase community involvement in public decision making
- Create opportunities for communities to work together to build respectful and trusting relationships and space for cultural expression
- Promote opportunities for meaningful dialogue within and between communities
- Facilitate opportunities for shared learning through networking and cross border engagement
- Support and strengthen the governance systems and processes of groups within communities
- Provide development opportunities to build the skills and capacity of local people and groups within communities
- Effective leadership and governance of Regenerate and financial management of Mourneview and Grey Estates PIP programme